About the event
After four highly successful editions, the Blockchain Innovation Conference will take place for the 5th time on June 7 at the Rabobank headquarters in Utrecht.
The event will bring together over 400 national and international pioneers from start-ups, the corporate world and government, to discuss the radical changes Blockchain technology is bringing to all activities that rely on trusted third parties. This year we go from proof of concept to real world solutions and have the best blockchain cases in Government, Supply Chain, Fintech, Energy, Business, Identity, ICOs and more.
5th edition of the largest Blockchain conference in the Benelux
50+ (inter)national speakers
400+ participants from 100+ companies
Blockchain for Dummies & Experts
5 tracks: Business, Government, Technology, Energy and ICOs
Decentralized sessions with speakers
Theme and topics
The theme of the Blockchain Innovation Conference 2018 (BIC18) is “Blockchain, from proof of concept to real world solutions”.
The program combines 3 plenary sessions full of keynote talks, fireside chats and panels, with 5 concurrent tracks on:
Business and Finance, Government Services, the Energy sector, Technical Developments and a special session will be dedicated to game changing ICOs. The ‘’Blockchain for Dummies’’ morning session will be useful for anyone new to the field.
Speakers introduction and why they are here
07.15 Morning session: Blockchain for Dummies
09.00 Session 1: Blockchain, from proof of concept to real world solutions
- Vincent Everts (Conference Director): Introduction – 3rd wave of Blockchain
- David Birch (Financial Author): Blockchain 3.0 and Tokenized Assets
- Wiebe Draijer (CEO Rabobank): Presenting Blockchain projects in prodution
- Dennis de Vries (KPMG): From POC to Production with the Blockchain Maturity Model
- Frans Kempen (IBM) + Jon Kuiper (CEO Koopman): Award winning Blockchain Case: Cars on the Blockchain
- Leanne Kemp (CEO Everledger): Operational Blockchain platform for Blood Diamonds
11.00 Coffee break + Decentralized Chats with speakers
11.30 Session 2: Keynote Presentations and Fireside Chat
- Bart Mellink (Gartner): What’s happening in the Board Rooms and ICT World?
- Bruno Skvorc (Bitfalls): Where to get professional information and top Blockchains
- Richard Kastelein (ICO adviser): What is happening in the ICO world?
- Janko Gorter (DNB Dutch Central Bank) + Jan Paternotte (D66): Blockchain and ICO legislation
- Marc van der Chijs (HUT8 and investor): The current pulse of the Blockchain industry
16.00 Final session: Blockchain for Good
- Waqar Zaka (Pakistani TV Star): Using Crypto Mining to help Refugees
- Adnan Hassan (Mecasa Advisors): Implementing Blockchain Technology Across 100 Small States
- Tofic El Rjula (TYKN): Birth certificates on the Blockchain
- Pradeep Goel (CEO Solve.Care): Transforming Healthcare with Blockchain
- Rutger van Zuidam (Dutchchain & Blockchaingers): World’s largest Blockchain Hackathon learnings
- HRH Prince Constantijn of The Netherlands (Startup Delta): Connecting Startups and Enterprises on the Blockchain
- Vinay Gupta (Hexayurt & Mattererum): The future of Blockchain
17.30 Networking drinks
19.00-21.00 Speaker and partner dinner