Cobalt is a mineral that is crucial for producing electric car batteries. However, cobalt is often mined in unstable parts of the world and sometimes there is made use of child labor. IBM took on the noble task to ‘clean up’ the shady Cobalt mine business by tracking Cobalt minerals on the blockchain so customers like Volkswagen will know if their batteries are sourced ethically. Watch the talk of IBM Blockchain Lead Frans Kempen on this responsible mineral sourcing case at the Blockchain Innovation Conference.
- Join me at Geneva Blockchain Congress – January 20, 2020
- Rabobank blockchain: open source identity & career wallet
- Save The Date: June 30, 2020 – Blockchain Innovation Conference hosted by NS | #BIC20
- Blockchain lead Oracle on China & practical Volvo case
- Did we have the best Dutch Blockchain winter ever? | ABN AMRO CIO Edwin van Bommel