Cobalt is a mineral that is crucial for producing electric car batteries. However, cobalt is often mined in unstable parts of the world and sometimes there is made use of child labor. IBM took on the noble task to ‘clean up’ the shady Cobalt mine business by tracking Cobalt minerals on the blockchain so customers like Volkswagen will know if their batteries are sourced ethically. Watch the talk of IBM Blockchain Lead Frans Kempen on this responsible mineral sourcing case at the Blockchain Innovation Conference.
- Did we have the best Dutch Blockchain winter ever? | ABN AMRO CIO Edwin van Bommel
- Changing the Real Estate game with Blockchain
- Deliver: Frictionless trade driven by the Blockchain
- Insure your crypto currencies against theft & loss of your private keys with Coincover!
- Creating blockchain consortia: governance, tokenization & monetization of the networks